About Cheristin® for cats
Cheristin for cats is the cat-only flea control developed by Elanco Animal Health, the trusted and respected company that also developed effective flea control for dogs.
Cheristin for cats is gentle enough for kittens 8 weeks of age and older and 1.8 pounds or greater, and its low-volume dose is effective for all cats. Cheristin for cats offers all these benefits in a single product:
- Effective: Killed 98–100% of fleas within 12 hours1,2.
- Long-lasting: Continues killing fleas for a full month after application.
- Easy to use: Convenient topical solution formulated especially for cats.
- Gentle to apply: Rounded applicator tip is designed to be gentle to apply.
General product information
Flea treatment with Cheristin for cats can begin at any time of the year, preferably starting one month before fleas become active and continuing through the end of flea season. In areas where fleas may occur year-round, monthly treatment with Cheristin for cats should continue throughout the entire year without interruption.
If you miss a dose, apply Cheristin for cats and resume your regular monthly dosing schedule.
To minimize the likelihood of flea re-infestation, it is important to treat all animals within a household with an approved flea-protection product. Cheristin for cats is not for use on humans. Like all flea-control products, keep Cheristin for cats out of the reach of children.
Cheristin for cats application instructions
Use Cheristin for cats only on cats and kittens 8 weeks of age and older and weighing 1.8 lbs or more. Do not use more than a single dose on cats weighing greater than 20 lbs.
Note: Cheristin for cats is to be applied to the base of your cat's head. (See Figure 2.)
- Remove one applicator tube from the blister package.
- Hold the applicator tube in an upright position.
- Press cap down until it clicks (indicating that the tube has been punctured). (See Figure 1.) Hold upright and remove cap. Check to be sure there is an opening at the tip of the tube.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the head until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube directly above the skin and squeeze the tube 2-4 times to expel the contents of the tube directly on the skin. For best results, apply at the base of the head, not between shoulder blades. Avoid getting the product in your pet's eyes or mouth. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for the cat to directly lick the product. Do not allow your cat to ingest this product. (There may be a small residual remaining in the tube after a full dose is expelled.)
- Discard the empty applicator tube in the trash.
Is Cheristin for cats available near you?
As with any product registered with EPA, individual states must review and register it before it can be sold in that state. Find out if Cheristin for cats is available in your home state so you can ask your veterinarian for effective, long-lasting, easy-to-use flea protection for your cat.
Always read, understand and follow the label and use directions.
- 1. Elanco Animal Health. Data on File.
- 2. Elanco Animal Health. Data on File.